Requirements for a Syrian Visa Application
A passport (must be valid for six months on submission and have at least two blank pages)
2 colour passport photographs
2 visa forms (per person) to be completed and signed (available online at www.syremb.com)
Letter from current employer on headed note paper confirming employment and current position
For students, please provide us with a letter from your university or a photocopy of your university ID card
For unemployed applicants, please provide us with a letter from the job centre or a letter of the benefits that you receive
For self-employed applicants we require one of the following:
1. A business card.
2. A copy of your latest bank statement with your name, company name and address
3. A letter on a company headed paper indicting the nature of the business and your role
4. A copy of your self-assessment form from HM Revenue & Customs
Utility bill (electricity, gas, water) or a council tax/ landline or internet bill with your name and home address
Hotel reservation or if you are visiting a family or a friend provide us with the full address, name and telephone number
Visa fees [See below]
The Embassy welcomes applications Monday-Friday between 10am-12pm
1. Visas will be valid from the date of issue. (please make sure you are granted a visa before booking your flight)
2. Please allow six working days to process visa applications ( Press/Media visa applications will take a minimum of ten working days)
3. The Consular Section is not obliged to give any explanation for not issuing a visa.
4. Passport holder of the following countries do not require a Syrian visa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen.
VISA FEES VARY DEPENDING ON NATIONALITY
British passport holders:
Irish Passport holders*:
* Please note: we do not accept bank drafts from Ireland. please provide cash only
Payment of fees :Please note we accept Cash only for all applicants.
The above requirements are a summary only. Additional documentation may be requested by the Embassy.
INSUFFICIENT OR INCORRECT DOCUMENTATION MAY RESULT IN DELAYS OR REJECTION OF A VISA APPLICATION.
How it works
1. All the spaces provided in the form must be filled.
2. If you leave any empty space (except the optional) the form will not be submitted
3. Click submit button.
4. Your form will be ready to print out in a "PDF" format*, please print out two copies**.
5. Attach the above required documents.
6. Apply in person or by post.
*Note: This form is viewed with Acrobat Reader .
Click the icon below to download a free copy if you do not have one:
**Note : You will need to print out your two visa application forms as part of this process, therefore you will need the ability to print from the computer you are applying on.
To print this page click then go to Next